Shannan shares her expertise in school management, school leadership, project-based learning, faculty evaluation, scheduling, and curriculum.
In addition to her consultation and coaching services, Shannan's responsibilities at ISM also focus on:
- writing for ISM’s advisory letter Ideas & Perspectives, distributed to school leaders in almost 1,000 schools;
- leading School-Head focused workshops and webinars; and
- offering ISM content, quick tips, and tools via LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
Shannan was Head of School at The Swain School from 2016–2020. In this role, she:
- worked with the Board of Trustees to implement the mission, vision and strategic goals of the school;
- supervised all aspects of the academic program;
- oversaw all student activities and extracurricular opportunities;
- was responsible for financial management of $7M budget;
- developed and coordinated all professional development;
- oversaw maintenance and facility operations;
- managed and assisted with enrollment management;
- assisted the Development office with fundraising efforts, including a $2M capital campaign, annual fund and stewardship; and
- worked with the communications office to implement marketing and branding campaigns.
Shannan was also the Assistant Head of School at Friends Central School. She has been a Dean of Faculty, Assistant Principal, and Department Chair.
Shannan has a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Vanderbilt University. She earned her master's degree in Educational Administration, specialty in Private School Leadership, from Columbia University, and her Ed.D. from the University of Virginia.