Job Location: 2207 CONCORD PIKE STE 417 - WILMINGTON, DE
Remote Type: Fully Remote
Position Type Full Time
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Information Technology
Software Developer - Integrations
Mission: ISM is dedicated to the advancement of school management. We provide creative strategies by combining extensive research, proven management techniques, and personalized service.
Core Purpose: Advancing School Leadership—Enriching the Student Experience
Overview: ISM offers consulting, research, professional development, insurance, and financial aid and scheduling software for private independent schools in the United States and abroad.
Independent School Management (ISM) is hiring a Software Developer to join its growing Technology team. The Software Developer will be responsible for building and supporting ISM's suites of applications. This includes a proprietary financial aid software platform, a survey platform, as well as integrations between third-party applications.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing, developing, and supporting custom platforms and will have knowledge of a wide array of technologies. A specific focus on platform integrations is a big plus.
The candidate will be able to effectively collaborate with other team members both within the IT team and in the business teams that we support. The candidate will have the opportunity to leverage modern technologies, including, but not limited to, AWS, Salesforce.com, serverless, databases, automation tools, and multiple technology stacks.
Functions and Competencies
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Design, development, and support of multiple software platforms
- Build and support integrations between internal and external platforms
- Follow software development best practices
- Ensure proper test coverage of new features, unit tests and/or integration tests
- Work closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, and other stakeholders to understand functional requirements
- Deliver on software features and capabilities that align with business needs
- Collaborate with team members in the continued support and development of the software platform
- Maintain proper documentation in support of the product
- Address client production support issues in a timely manner
- 3+ Years of experience in developing web applications and integrations between platforms
- Experience with Python, SQL, and familiarity with a range of other technologies, such as PHP, Angular/AngularJS, NodeJS, Bash
- Experience with automation tools such as Workato
- Experience working in a Cloud-based (i.e. AWS) development and production environment
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and best practices
Nice to Have
- Experience working with and guiding external software development vendors
- Familiarity with REST
- Work within a CI/CD environment (e.g. Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, etc.)
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Intacct, Stripe, Cvent, Docusign, Qualtrics
- Experience developing with CMS platforms like Drupal and Wordpress
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, remote position, and days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
ISM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
ISM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you think you're a good fit for this role, start your application here.