Job Location: 2207 CONCORD PIKE STE 417 - WILMINGTON, DE
Remote Type: Fully Remote
Position Type Full Time
Education Level: High School
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Insurance
Customer Service Representative - Insurance
Mission: ISM is dedicated to the advancement of school management. We provide creative strategies by combining extensive research, proven management techniques, and personalized service.
Core Purpose: Advancing School Leadership—Enriching the Student Experience
Overview: ISM offers consulting, research, professional development, insurance, and financial aid and scheduling software for private independent schools in the United States and abroad.
Our Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our current clients and new prospects, processing policy change requests, maintaining knowledge of our products, and answering any questions our clients may have.
Functions and Competencies
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as the liaison between Sales and Account Management teams, Insurance Carrier, and Client with proposals and renewals, as needed.
- Ensure license renewals are up-to-date for the insurance department.
- Process customer policy change requests.
- Assist in proposal preparation and renewal materials.
- Assist in updating account information in Salesforce - (Verify phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses with each customer contact and update customer information.)
- Return all messages promptly.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Foster strong relationships with our customers to maintain a high level of client and product loyalty.
- Possess a genuine willingness to learn, be intuitive and resourceful and be coachable.
- Possess an upbeat, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Be a great self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency to multi-task, follow-through, and follow-up.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Exceptional business writing and editing skills.
- Great customer service skills.
- Problem-solving capabilities.
- Attention to detail.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- Strong attention to detail with time management
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Microsoft and/or Google programming; i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Preferred Education and Experience
- Accident and health license
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
ISM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
ISM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you think you're a good fit for this role, start your application here.